How to apply
Applications are currently open for 2021
All candidates are selected entirely on merit. The entrance examination consists of an assessment of the application and portfolio of work including a written statement, followed by an interview.
A high standard of final year undergraduate work or evidence of professional practice relevant to the program including subject comprehension which will be assessed on interview.
Upon entry to any of the School’s programs you should be able to demonstrate:
- Prior knowledge to the principles and elements of design in a historical and contextual setting.
- Enthusiasm, clarity, independent learning and critical engagement with the common basic framework of learning that provides a focus point for the exchange of theory and practice knowledge.
English language requirements
For candidates whose first language is not English, you must submit an original certificate of proficiency in English (including writing, speaking, listening and reading) from one of the following:
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component; or
- TOEFL (Paper-Based) with a minimum of 550; or
- TOEFL (Internet-Based) with a minimum of 79; or
- SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) with a minimum of 450.
We are generally looking for candidates who can express their enthusiasm for creativity, imagination and innovation; and push themselves to experience self-actualisation through purpose–inventing new solutions that work with old emotions.